The Inspector General of Registration and Stamps’ office in Maharashtra is known as IGR Maharashtra. IGR Maharashtra is in charge of providing services such document registration for real estate, stamp duty payment, property valuation, property tax computation, amount calculation for stamp duty, payment of stamp duty and registration fees, stamp duty refund, and marriage registration, among others.
The Department of Registration & Stamps, Government of Maharashtra, has a website for Inspector General of Registration and Stamps in order to provide the aforementioned services to the residents (IGRS).This website can be accessed at www.igrmaharashtra.gov.in
There are many different uses of the website. Here we’ll give you a guide on how to perform the various operations possible on this site.
Register a property online
- Pay a visit to sub-registrar’s office
- Then, gather the application form.
- Fill out the application form with the necessary information.
- Your application will be approved when it has been verified.
- Your payment will begin to process.
- A registration number will be assigned to you.
- Finally, you will be sent an acknowledgement receipt.
Check registered documents online
www.igrmaharashtra.gov.in online services has the E-search facility using which you can do the IGR Maharashtra online search. You can search for IGR Maharashtra documents, Maharashtra property papers, and check transactions from the past. With the help of survey number and document registration number. There are two types of process in IGR Maharashtra online search- free search and paid, to do the IGR online document search
First you will need to have create an account which entails required documents like
- Aadhaar card
- Photographs of the seller and buyer in passport size
- Verified copy of the original sale deed
- a duplicate of the municipal tax bill
- Construction completion certificate
- a copy of the most recent property registry card
After you fill it up and officially create the account you select parameters for property details search. There are two options – free and paid However, free IGR Maharashtra document searches require you to check the data availability for information about SROs and the time the information was made available.
Stamp duty is proof that a property has been purchased on either the buyer’s or seller’s behalf, and it is valid for 6 months.In Maharashtra, stamp duty is levied at a rate ranging from 3% to 6% of the entire consideration value stated in the sale document. This rate varies depending on the type of document, the type of place, and a variety of other criteria.
Compute stamp duty costs online
- Choose the ‘Stamp Duty Calculator’ link on the home page.
- You will be forwarded to the following URL as soon as you click on the tab.
- Choose the type of document to register. Click on the Sale Deed option if it is a sale deed.
- Choose the region from Municipal Corporation, Municipal Council, Cantonment, or Gram Panchayat in this phase (Whichever is applicable).
- If you choose the Municipal Corporation option, you will be prompted to select the appropriate Municipal Corporation.
- After you’ve decided on a corporation, you’ll need to fill out the Consideration amount and Market value.
- Select the Calculate option. On the screen, the desired stamp duty data will be presented.
Payment of stamp duty as well as registration of IGR Maharashtra
- On the homepage, select the Inspector General of Registration option. You will be sent to the following page.
- Click the Pay without registering button (If you are an unregistered user). You will be sent to a screen where you must enter your information.
- Choose the necessary payment to be made:
- Only stamp duty, Only registration fees, or Both stamp duty and registration costs
- Choose the applicable property district, the sub-registrar office whose authority the property comes under, and the kind of document.
- Enter the stamp duty amount determined above. If the registration cost option is also chosen, the user must input the registration fee as well. The registration charge is one per cent of the document’s considered value (Maximum Rs 30,000)
- Enter the property’s and both parties’ pertinent information (buyer as well as a seller).
- Choose a payment method. Online payment methods such as credit/debit cards and internet banking are available to the customer. Users who are unfamiliar with online payment alternatives can produce a challan using this site and make the needed payment in cash or cheque at chosen bank locations.
- Select the Proceed button.
Getting a refund for stamp duty
- Click the ‘Stamp Duty Refund’ link on the site.
- You will be redirected to a page as soon as you click the button.
- Click the ‘View Status’ button after entering the refund token number and password.
The status of the refund will be shown on the screen